I’m sorry for my lack of commitment to my blog – I have been selfishly reading about other people’s lives while not contributing to the blogosphere. I have, however, been pinning extremely clever things, so I haven’t been completely neglectful. Pinners… you are welcome.
The cause of my absence? Honestly I’ve been too overwhelmed with all that’s happened to even know where to start. I’ve decided to create a condensed timeline for your viewing pleasure:
- August 28 – Hurricane Irene ravages Schoharie
- September 2 – my dad called me and asked me to come help out at home
- September 3 – I flew home, with a ticket to return 3 days later
- September 4 – visited grandma and grandpa – my limited (but growing!) nursing knowledge told me something wasn’t quite right, and they needed help
- September 5 – cancelled my flight home, emailed my teachers (and got assignments emailed back), and moved my stuff down to grandma’s house.
- September 5-9 – had the wonderful experience of providing care for my grandpa
- September 9 – Grandpa passed away
- September 10 – I flew home (wide open flights, September 11 weekend)
- September 16 – Nate and I flew back to NY for the funeral
- September 18 – back to Vegas
- September 28 – flew to NY for Ariel’s wedding
- October 2 – back to Vegas
- October 10 – finals … 1 semester left!
Study guide at the back of the chapter version:
*A hurricane, a funeral, a wedding, three round trips to NY in one month, and finals (for both of us)
(I realize October 10 was a month ago – since then I’ve been on a break from school and quite lazy, actually.)
If you’re a casual reader, that should suffice. If your husband studies from 6 am until 11 pm and you are DYING for some good reading (duh, my blog is good reading!) like me, click on the links above, or scroll down for (six!) more detailed posts on the events of the last few crazy months!