Which was, not coincidentally, the week before I switched to night shift. Ten long months ago. When my life turned upside-down – or backwards – or inside out – or whatever you call it when you go from living in the day time like a normal person to living in the night time like a weirdo night-shifter.
- “I had to work the night shift several years ago, it was the lowest of my life lows.”
- “My body went berserk, I gained 50 pounds in the first 6 months.”
- “I didn’t sleep for 2 years straight.”
- “No one understands… DAY SLEEP IS DIFFERENT THAN NIGHT SLEEP!”
- “I never know when to eat, when to sleep, I’m always hot, then cold, my brain never works,”
- etc. etc. etc.
But with the fall, and all of my former roommates gone, I have found myself with a little more time to fill. Also, I got a new computer, so now it doesn’t take 45 minutes to open a window. YAY! So I expect to be blogging a little more. At LEAST twice a year. 😉